Understanding Your Property Needs
When engaging in any property venture it is sound practice to have your interests protected as much as possible - both legally and financially. We understand the legalities, regulatory requirements and debt instruments used in property transactions and can help you avoid the pitfalls.
We focus on your legal needs in a business context concerning:
- Property purchases and sales
- Development advice
- Construction contracts
- Other related issues such as private certification.
- Strata title and owners' corporation issues
From Makinson & d'Apice, you can expect to receive a commercially astute service with advice that is both cost effective and timely.
Benefit from Our Property Experience
As a client, you benefit from the decades of experience we have attained acting for property-related clientele. Clients tell us that they value the leading-edge property and legal advice we provide which gives them comfort and support.
We are proud of our extensive list of clients including listed property trusts, private developers, charitable institutions, property syndicates, strata title managers, private investors, managed investment schemes and individuals.
Understanding the Complex Issues
Property issues, regulations and compliance have become more complex in recent times and this complexity will continue. We have a breadth of understanding and expertise to advise on due diligence enquiries, finance, construction and duty issues in addition to more conventional sales, purchases and leasing transactions.
Our experience has empowered us with a valuable insight into complex developments such as advising on environmental and planning issues. For example:
- Land & Environment Court applications
- Council restrictions on development
- Sustainable development
- Heritage and other environmental factors
A Team Approach to Working with You
Any investment has an element of risk and it is the management of that risk using skilled and experienced people that counts. Our team is highly trained in identifying risks and putting in place strategies for risk avoidance and minimisation.
We carefully consider your individual needs and tailor the firm's resources to provide a cost efficient solution for your legal requirements.
Our services aim to empower you by providing access to expert knowledge and professionals who will look after your interests. Our services include:
- Commercial and industrial property acquisitions, management and sales
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- Property development including development agreements and joint venture agreements
- Strata title and owners' corporation issues including establishment, by-laws, dispute resolution and construction liability issues
- Environmental and planning law
- Residential and other non-commercial sales and purchases
- Loan and other security documentation
- Title advice including strata, Torrens, company and community titles
- Easements and covenants
- Retirement villages and aged accommodation
- Building contracts
- Construction loans
- Development and construction certificate applications including pre DA advice and Land & Environment Court applications
- Construction dispute resolution