Rosemary has extensive experience in representing corporate clients, government organisations and individuals.
Prior to joining Makinson d’Apice, Rosemary was employed by the NSW Government. In her role, Rosemary either instructed panel firms to defend the interests of the organisation and its stakeholders or appeared in relation to a wide range of employment matters including unfair dismissal, disciplinary matters, discrimination, harassment and bullying claims, and industrial disputes.
In her previous roles, Rosemary has also assisted clients in a wide range of employment issues including underpayment claims, award compliance, restructures, redundancies and transfer of business considerations.
In addition to employment matters, Rosemary also has extensive experience as a liability lawyer, having acted for and advised NSW Government departments on a range of matters including historical sexual abuse claims, external review applications relating to decisions to revoke placement of children with foster carers, or to place children in care in alternative placements.
We are passionate about achieving the best outcome for our clients and strive to avoid protracted negotiations or discussions
- Employment disputes, including performance management, termination of employment, redundancy, award and agreement entitlements (including underpayment claims), leave entitlements, flexible work arrangements, promotions, recruitment and discrimination matters, work related injury claims, and termination on medical grounds.
- Acting on behalf of employers and employees in relation to all aspects of employment contracts and agreements, including individual and collective employment agreements and labour hire and contractor agreements.
- Acting in all types of contractual disputes, including bringing and defending claims for damages arising from breach of contract and advising clients on their rights and obligations under contracts and on the enforceability of contracts including advising on restraints of trade.
- Assisting employers in implementing workplace policies, procedures and strategies based on risk management and compliance issues.
- Common law claims for damages arising from workplace incidents, SafeWork NSW (formerly WorkCover) investigations and Coronial Inquiries involving work health and safety.
- Advising on industrial awards and agreements.
- Providing advice on privacy and confidentiality clauses and issues.