Isabel specialises in the areas of complex estate planning and administration, will disputes and trust matters.
A large focus of Isabel’s practice is assisting charities in matters ranging from the transactional, to Court applications to resolve problems with wills and trust deeds. In 2019, she presented half-day bequest workshops alongside partner, Paul Evans, to assist and educate charities in relation to wills and probate issues.
Isabel also does regular pro bono work for individuals and organisations, including planning and participating in wills days for the benefit of various charities.
In 2020, she won the Rising Star of the year SME law award at the Women in Law Awards and she was also recognised as a finalist in the pro bono category of the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards. Isabel was also named by Doyle’s Guide as one of 2020’s Rising Star Wills, Estates & Succession Planning lawyers in Australia.
- Advice to executors, trustees and beneficiaries on will construction & rectification issues, life estates and tax and duty issues arising out of testamentary instruments.
- Trust litigation and court applications including cy pres and judicial advice matters.
- Drafting wills incorporating discretionary trusts, life estates, special disability trusts and drafting enduring powers of attorney, advance health directives and guardianship nominations, including clients with high net worth and complex affairs.
- Applications for probate, letters of administration and letters of administration with wills annexed, including in complex circumstances.
- Estate litigation and advice on potential disputes (both at the estate planning stage and post-death) including capacity undue influence, issues affecting blended families and family provision claims.
- Acting for executors and beneficiaries in relation to applications regarding Supreme Court estate accounts and commission.
- Trust advice and drafting including succession planning for family trusts.