Louise has eight years of experience providing legal advice and conducting litigation and advocacy across a range of matters.
She practiced as a Barrister for four and a half years acting for clients in a range of class actions and in contract, commercial and professional negligence matters. She was part of a team of volunteer duty barristers acting on rotation at the Local Court of NSW.
Concurrent to her University studies, Louise worked as a Legal Researcher for the Associate Judges in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and as an Associate to Justice Rothman AM at the Supreme Court of New South Wales, where she assisted in court and with legal drafting. She has a graduate certificate in Trade Marks Law and Practice.
- Acting for clients in a range of contentious matters including subpoenas, medical negligence claims, criminal defence, intentional torts matters, goods in custody and fortification removal orders.
- Extensive experience dealing with sensitive documents including those called for under subpoena, advising on restricting access and on jurisdictional issues including the concurrent application of Commonwealth Crimes Act 1914 and the New South Wales Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities Act) 2002.
- Instructing junior and senior counsel on behalf of the NSW Police Force at the Coronial Inquest into Deaths of six patrons at Music Festivals.
- Instructing counsel whilst on secondment at the NSW Police Force in an application pursuant to s 25 of the Summary Offences Act 1988 (NSW) to prohibit the holding of a public assembly: Commissioner of Police v Da Costa-Reidel (on behalf of Stop Adani Sydney)  NSWSC 198.
- Acting for professional indemnity insurers and their clients in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).
- Conducting litigation for private and corporate clients, including defending intellectual property and defamation claims.
- Advising clients on intellectual property and trade mark disputes.
- Appearing with junior and senior counsel in an applications for special leave to appeal to, and in hearings at, the Court of Appeal NSW and the High Court of Australia: Insurance Australia Ltd t/as NRMA Insurance v El Kabbout  NSWCA 426; Cassegrain v Cassegrain  NSWCA 387; Ngo v The Queen  HCATrans 283; Palmer v Ayers (2017) 259 CLR 478; Clark v Macourt (2013) 253 CLR 2.