Nicholas runs and manages a complex range of Employment, Professional Conduct and Safety matters. He has over 10 years’ experience representing clients across a wide range of workplace and professional matters including a combination of professional conduct matters, disciplinary proceedings, employment law matters, award and agreement entitlements, discrimination matters, defamation, privacy matters and work related injury claims.
He has a strong record of success in alternative dispute resolution techniques and routinely considers and develops new legal strategies for clients in approaching longstanding problems.
The majority of employment matters Nicholas manages resolve at the conciliation phase without the need for clients to incur significant legal costs but still achieve a commercially favourable outcome. However, Nicholas’ superior advocacy skills means he is able to represent his clients in proceedings if required. He has represented clients before the Fair Work Commission, the NSW Industrial Relations Commission, the Australian Human Rights Commission, the Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).
- Employment law – Providing advice and representation regarding termination, suspension, demotion and transfer, redundancy, award and agreement entitlements, leave entitlements, flexible work arrangements, promotions, recruitment and discrimination matters, work related injury claims, termination on medical grounds, employment obligations in the course of internal disciplinary investigations, performance management, breach of employers’ duty and claims for post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Experience in all types of workplace discrimination, bullying and harassment matters involving sex discrimination, disability discrimination, racial discrimination and age discrimination.
- Experience in prosecuting or defending claims of defamation and injurious/malicious falsehood, and working closely with clients on reputational risk matters and crisis management support.
- Law Enforcement Employment Issues – Representing law enforcement on review of disciplinary orders and review of orders relating to removing officers from duty.
- Privacy - Providing advice on privacy and confidentiality for example complex privacy issues relating to collection, use and access to private information.